WOW, YAY, WAHOO!!! A few days ago I was luckily enough to be awarded the SUNSHINE AWARD from a good friend blogger of mine Jacqui Brown, who lives down south in POITOU-CHARENTES along with hubbie Ade and son Ed, she is known to a lot of us as the COURGETTE QUEEN OF FRANCE, she has them growing in every corner possible in her garden along with lots of other fruit and veg which she always has in abundance. She also has a menagerie of ducks, cats, chickens, a rabbit, a goose and Mini their beloved dog! Gosh Jacqui where the heck do you find the time to do it all!! Oh yes, if you go onto her recipe page you will find some great treats there especially lots of recipes for using up your glut of courgettes, and produce from her garden!!
You might be asking yourself what is the SUNSHINE AWARD for just like I did………….
The Sunshine Award is a lovely orange flower that bloggers give to other “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
So without further ado, here are the rules:
Thank the person (or people) who gave this award and write a post about it.
Answer the questions on your favourites below.
Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
HERE ARE MY FAVOURITES:
Favourite Colour – has to be bright orange, just like the award above!
Favourite Animal – I think it would have to be our cats, Sammy & Cindy, they are getting on a bit now, and sleep most of the day, and our 2 remaining chickies, they are very special as they were our first chicks and have been with us for 2 years, and they do have such characters!
Favourite Number – Don’t know that one, but know I don’t like number 13!
Favourite Drink – A Pastis, for those of you who don’t know, it’s an aniseed flavour drink, which you add water too, which then turns a milky yellow colour, hmmm lovely!
Your Passion – Has to be my garden, it gives me such pleasure seeing the fruits of my efforts blossom, and I also love to see and smell the grass when it has been mown, I also love the sound of the old style lawn mower takes me back to my childhood!
Giving or getting presents – both, I must admit I love receiving pressies especially as a surprise, but I also love to give to see the persons face light up, I do set myself rather a chore though as I will search everywhere to buy just the right present to suit that person, I think that’s so important!
Favourite Day – Friday as it’s the start of the weekend and then it’s wine o’clock time! Also another favourite day is when the sky is blue, not too hot, and potter in the garden!
Favourite Flowers – Hard one that as I love them all! I adore old fashioned scented roses, lilac, tulips, and sunflowers, gosh I could go on and on………………
The Ten Bloggers I would like to pass this award to are:
1. LA VIE EN ROSE - Sharon has a lovely blog, they bought their new house two years ago and are now turning it into a cosy home with French, Country and New England influences and she wants a white picket fence with roses around the door sounds lovely! Sharon also has a great Facebook page for you to visit!
2. GROWING HERBS FOR BEGINNERS - Rhonda has such a wonderful website, blog and great newsletters, with everything you would ever need to know about herbs, you must check it out! Click HERE for Facebook page!
4. EGG CARTON LABELS BY A DOZEN GIRLZ - Kathy really deserves this award, a fantastic busy site and she is one busy and enterprising lady and works her socks off! Her mission is to inform, educate, entertain & encourage backyard chicken-keepers. and she certainly does that! Click HERE for Facebook page!.
5. A BEAUTIFUL MESS INSIDE – Now this is something totally different to Gardening, but I like it, the two ladies who run the site nicknamed themselves Moon & Mess, they have an extremely popular site and blog, ’If we bring a smile, an “a-ha”, a “good it’s not just me,” or even a “whew I’m glad I’m not her” having a buzzing brain is worth it!’ Well see for yourself! Click HERE for Facebook page!
6. GROO NEW YORK – Jill has a great site and blog! realizing the benefits of growing your own food and feeding your skin without the use of chemicals is hertheir motto. Whether you want to grow organic vegetables in your own backyard, but you don’t have the time, or you just need some advice, groO can help you succeed! Click HERE for Facebook page!
7. RUBY CLOVER – Ruby is a very successful Artisan, she loves taking pics of Ireland and has an Etsy site especially for showing and selling themm she also makes beautiful jewellery and has another Etsy shop for that and also makes the most beautiful Heirloom boxes, all hand made and to order, just click on her site for links, Click HERE for Facebook page!
8. NOSTALGIC DREAMS – Elizabeth runs an elegant country style 3 bedroom bed & breakfast business in beautiful Catoctin Mountains of Maryland, along with a successful online gift shop selling handmade gifts/crafts and gift baskets. Click HERE for Facebook page!
9. SEED PARADE - This is a great site and blog, as you may remember I have just recently reviewed them! Seeds which are so cheap to buy love it! a very interesting blog, and lots of interesting articles you must read! Click HERE for Facebook page!
10. HOMESTEADING/SURVIVALISM - This is such a good site with a very high following, from surviving, gardening, making things from free available sources to bee keeping and more! you must visit! Click HERE for Facebook Page!
Email me - Jill@LaMaisonDesFleurs.com